You’ll see lots of differing opinions on the benefits of facial treatments. In fact, my Google search: “benefits of facials” yielded a whopping 591,000 search results.
While I’d agree that facials aren’t going to have magical or surgical-like results (they aren’t supposed to), I do know that, as part of a regular skin care regimen, they can provide results you can see and feel, which will have an impact on your self perception and on how others perceive you.
Think of it this way, our face is usually the first “thing” that people see when they look at us. It only makes sense that we’d put a wellness program in place to ensure that this aspect of our presentation to the world is a high priority.
So, because the world of facials can be a bit challenging to navigate I thought I’d put together a list of questions that you should ask before scheduling a facial with any reputable spa.
- Do your estheticians do a complimentary skin assessment? You don’t want to put your face in the hands of someone that won’t take the time to evaluate your skin beyond just skin type. You probably already know what your skin type is (oily, dry, sensitive, combination) anyway. An expert esthetician will do a thorough evaluation before recommending any treatment.
- Does the assessment include understanding your lifestyle, habits, and diet? This is key. Your skin is affected as much by your activities and the foods you eat as it is the moisturizers you use. A clear understanding of your lifestyle is critical to providing a facial that yields more than just relaxation (although that’s a great benefit, too!)
- Will your facial treatment be customized based on the assessment? While most spas have their basic menu of facial options, you want to know that your facial will be customized to your goals and your lifestyle for the best possible results.
- Does the spa offer special monthly treatment rates? Considering that a regular monthly professional facial can:
- Increase circulation of the blood under the skin renewing skin cells.
- Decrease “waste” underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, ruddiness, and fluid accumulation—detoxifying the skin.
- Help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin to help prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging of the skin.
- Cleanse the pores on a much deeper level.
- Help lighten dark spots and even out your skin tone.
- All of which gives you a healthier complexion which improves your confidence and self-esteem.
Ask these key questions of a few spas in your neighborhood before choosing the facial solution that’s best for you. And whether you choose Spavia Plano or another local spa for your facial treatment, do choose a professional monthly facial treatment to ensure that you are always putting your best face forward…today and for years to come.
Have specific questions about facials or facial treatments? Please don’t hesitate to call me or one of our expert estheticians. We’re happy to answer any questions you might have.
Until next time … relax. escape. thrive. (and take exceptional care of your face)